Long Island Cruizin’ for a Cure
Based in Jericho, NY, Long Island Cruizin’ For A Cure is an annual antique + classic car show whose mission is to raise the level of awareness about Prostate Cancer and to provide free PSA screenings for the early detection of Prostate Cancer at their annual event.
This not-for-profit organization wanted to expand their show’s reach in both exhibitors and attendees and to also increase the amount of money raised by maximizing the marketing efforts already in place and then structure + implement new ones.
LGC reviewed LI Cruizin’ for a Cure’s marketing efforts and then shifted gears by creating a more integrated approach that better fit their goals.
- Website overhaul that included both an online car show registration system as well as a donation page portal.
- Put a crowdfunding campaign in first gear.
- Content creation for all their nuts + bolts (brochures, postcard + sponsorship appeal letters).
- Driving force behind a Direct Mail Campaign that included the copywriting, graphic design, printing + fulfillment elements.
- Buckled up a media buy for television + movie screens, then created + produced the corresponding 30-second broadcast-ready commercial.
- Green-lighted a Public Relations campaign.
LI Cruizin’ for a Cure now has a functioning site that allows them to raise funds year-round and register cars online for their annual show – something they were previously unable to do. The number of cars exhibiting immediately experienced a 34% increase while show attendees increased by 15%. Most striking was that the number of free PSA tests increased by 67% with 38 potential cases of prostate cancer identified + lives saved.
LGC also secured two segments on local television that increased awareness of the cause. More than $20,000 was successfully donated to Winthrop University Hospital Urology Department via this multi-channel approach.