Throughout Long Island, countless people have heard of the SYJCC, but not many people realized the long list of offerings it has for the community. There’s so much more to our SYJCC than one might think. From exercise to education, volleyball to volunteerism, Pilates to pre-school, the non-profit SYJCC doesn’t just strengthen our bodies, but also strengthens the community through programs focused on youth development, healthy living and learning, as well as, social responsibility.
Over the past 40 years, The Suffolk Y JCC (SYJCC) continued to grow and is now housed in a former school building on 29 Acres in Commack. From it’s founding it has been committed to a philosophy that created a welcoming environment & facility for all members through a traditional Jewish caring service delivery model.
The SYJCC sought to modernize the brand while increasing their presence and image in the county. This dynamic organization was suffering from a changing demographic and a general community lack of understanding about the SYJCC, their facilities and program offerings. Although, Jewish by heritage and tradition the SYJCC is an organization for all faiths, ethnic backgrounds and walks of life.
LGC conducted in-depth discovery meetings with SYJCC executives, managers and staff to take the pulse of the organization and gain a clear understanding of the integrated approach that would be needed to achieve their goals.
- A logo was designed that incorporated traditional elements in a new vibrant, colorful image that more closely represented SYJCC.
- An in-depth rebuild of the website including a complete new look and color palette in keeping with the new logo and brand.
- Editing, creating and migrating over 100 pages of content.
- Incorporating a live calendar of events.
- Several Program centers of activity.
- Animated banners highlighting upcoming or important events.
- An online ticket purchasing utility for the Star Playhouse theater.
- Researched, nominated and achieved multiple awards for the Executive Director and SYJCC.
- Pitched and obtain press coverage and public speaking opportunities for the Executive Director.
- Enrolled SYJCC as a member of the Hauppauge Industrial Association for increased exposure to that important business group.
- Introduced Executive leadership to the Association of Fund Raising Professionals.
The SYJCC has completed Phase I and is now shining a spot light on themselves in new contemporary ways.
The Executive leadership and the Board of Directors have fully committed to a robust continuing effort on behalf of the SYJCC. Phase II has begun with continuing website development, training and maintenance.
The LGC team is focused on harnessing the power of multiple channels to place the SYJCC as a top of mind consideration for the many services, facilities and programs they have.